Friday 17 January 2020

YEAR OF JOURNEYING WITHIN MYSELF


Greetings Friends,

I hope you are well. I have a good message for you but before you read it below, let me introduce you to my 'birthday girl' and the cake I made for her!



Here is a cake I made for my daughter Candy's 21st 

birthday. What do you think of it?



My daughter Candy wearing a Marie Antoinette dress as that was the theme for her birthday.

***


W
 e are now over two weeks into 2020 and yet it still feels so surreal.  Does anyone else feel the same way?  I feel I still need to catch up with 2020.  I have been caught up between working and the grandchildren, hence all my intended goals for this year are still jumbled in my head!
I have set aside these few days to make time to just sort it all out and write the goals down clearly in a journal. I need a vision! I am told that where there is no vision, people perish! I am also told that I must write  down the vision/goal, read it regularly and believe in it!
To be honest with you I am good at writing all the  New Year’s resolutions yet swiftly forgetting them the rest of the year. But folks this is a different year! (Trust me!) Honest.
Have you ever felt that you need some things in your life to change? I truly believe that the desire to change begins in one’s heart. There is a certain stirring - a persistent niggle that something has certainly got to change. 
Have you ever felt like you have been stuck on one level and you start to look at yourself. You re-evaluate yourself and realize that life has so much more to offer.
The post-Christmas and New Year’s exhaustion has resulted in me running on survival mode.
But now, I have to attend to that SOS in my soul. I have to make a JOURNEY within myself and address the changes I need to make. This can only be done in SILENCE.
I have to start with small steps at a time.
So tomorrow when I drop my grandson at his nursery, I shall head for the Meadows which are only five minutes away. When I walk through the gates of the Meadows my back will be turned to the traffic and I enter into this world, a Paradise of SILENCE.  I will feel a tangible shift within myself as I walk deeper alongside nature. I can see myself inhaling the fragrance of the rain-soaked earth as I regain my equilibrium.
I so long for this time to go within myself and establish where I am going.
Like Angelo, the protagonist in The Next of Kin, I too believe in visions and dreams.

We have to believe that all things are possible with God.
It is sometimes so hard to lift my eyes from the earthly reality I see every day and focus on the realms of supernatural intervention which make the impossible possible.
Jesus tells us to ‘only believe!’  That means we have to believe not only when things are going well but especially and continuously and faithfully when we are facing deep harrowing situations. Faith calls for courage. The Bible says that we must make the vision clear! Write it down! It surely come to pass.

Habakkuk 2:2-3

“Write the vision;
make it plain on tablets,
so he may run who reads it.
For still the vision awaits its appointed time;
it hastens to the end—it will not lie.
If it seems slow, wait for it;
it will surely come; it will not delay.

So Friends let us gather round and write down our visions and dreams and place them in the hands of God and believe. ONLY BELIEVE!




Until we meet next week, cheers!


Olivia










No comments:

Post a Comment